|Back to Index||Download PDF version|
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DATAUPIA NAMES EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT TEAM
Distinguished Group of Industry Veterans Leads the Evolution of Enterprise Data Management
Cambridge, MA - March 20, 2007 - Dataupia Corporation today announced the composition of its executive management team, which will guide the Company as it prepares to launch its first data appliance product.
Dataupia allows businesses to obtain measurable value from their data universe, enabling them to manage and access massive amounts of data without re-engineering business processes and applications. The Company's leadership team builds on a rich history of industry experience. Dataupia plans to serve as the preeminent company for unlocking the power of data for business users.
Dataupia's President and CEO, Foster Hinshaw, frequently referred to as "the father of data warehouse appliances," has a wealth of creative, technical and operational experience relating to hardware and software. Hinshaw's history of developing and designing large and complex systems for both departmental and enterprise-wide use makes him an ideal individual to lead this talented team. Prior to his new role at Dataupia, Hinshaw founded Netezza where he was instrumental in bringing to market a new category of data warehouse appliance.
Rounding out Dataupia's leadership team are five executives who bring more than 80 years of industry, operational and management expertise with category-leading companies:
- John O'Brien, Chief Technology Officer, drives the technology direction and strategy of the Company. O'Brien is recognized for his specialized knowledge of large data warehouse systems architecture and strategy. He frequently serves as an expert speaker at The Data Warehousing Institute (TDWI). Prior to joining Dataupia, O'Brien founded Zukeran Technologies, a data warehousing and business intelligence consulting firm.
- John Chiu, Vice President of Engineering, has more than 20 years of product development experience, knowledge of operating systems, object-oriented databases, Java application servers and appliances. Prior to Dataupia, Chiu held management positions at Way Systems, Entitlenet and SilverStream.
- Jonathan Saunders, Vice President of International Operations, has a long and successful history of growing businesses. Most recently, he established and led the international division of U.S.-based software company QueryObject. Saunders' professional reputation has earned him board positions at several international companies.
- Jim McManus, Vice President of Channels and Alliances, drives Dataupia's Partner Ecosystem with the industry's top ISV, System Integrators and hardware providers. Before joining Dataupia, McManus served as managing director at Sun Microsystems and was instrumental in driving the Company's business intelligence and data warehousing strategy.
- Samantha Stone, Vice President of Marketing, leads marketing communications, product management, product marketing and demand generation at Dataupia. Her career spans many years executing successful product launches and multi-channel marketing programs for award-winning product lines. Stone's experience is culled from top companies such as Netezza, Powersoft, Informix and SAP.
"Foster Hinshaw has a proven ability to take technology vision and turn it into reality," said Dave Barrett, general partner, Polaris Venture Partners. "As the complexity of enterprise data increases, so does the sheer volume of data that organizations need to manage. The Dataupia team has a deep understanding of how this data explosion impacts the business of organizations and will offer an extraordinarily compelling solution to help address it."
"The combination of Dataupia's deep database market experience, next-generation technology and compelling business model establishes the foundation for a category-leading company that can dramatically improve the accessibility and actionability of enterprise data," said Scott Frederick, General Partner, Valhalla Partners. "Foster Hinshaw and his team are working to solve a very real problem for many organizations - making access to vast amounts of business-critical data simple and affordable. We look forward to supporting the efforts of the Dataupia team as they continue to establish market leadership in the data appliance market."
"Having worked in this industry as long as I have, I know first hand what a crucial time this is for the data management industry," said Foster Hinshaw, CEO, Dataupia. "Now more than ever, enterprises require more capabilities for managing and accessing data that is critical to their business. I am confident that the leadership, experience and shared vision of this high-caliber team will allow us to provide organizations with unprecedented access to data for greater business insight."
Dataupia, founded in 2005, brings a strong record of industry leadership to addressing the growing gap between the massive volumes of stored data and the portion that a business can use to its benefit. By architecting specialized software and industry-standard hardware into a highly cost-effective and intelligent appliance, Dataupia's solution will amplify an organization's existing information systems to provide deeper access into their data universe and more comprehensive business insight. Learn more at www.dataupia.com.
(617) 666-6800 ext. 8420